Manipulative & Sports Physio
At Apex Physiotherapy, you are in good hands. Our highly trained Physiotherapists place pride in providing effective and comfortable manual therapy techniques to reduce pain and improve joint mobility including:
- Spinal mobilisations and manipulations
- Peripheral joint mobilisations which involve passive movement of the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow and wrist joints to improve pain free range of movement
- Mulligan’s (mobilisation with movement)
- Muscle energy techniques – active and passive movement of muscle
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation – PNF techniques are stretching exercises used to increase an individual’s flexibility
Used by Physiotherapists over our entire 100 year history these techniques have been refined over time and are highly trained in our Physiotherapists. Manual therapy techniques including manipulations and mobilisations have been researched and refined by some of Australia’s (and the worlds) top manual therapists allowing us to effectively implement these techniques with the greatest precision and effect.
With one of our key values being the focus of using a “hands on” approach we promise our manual therapy skills will be second to none.
We also provide Sports focused Physiotherapy services for the evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of sporting injuries as well as injury prevention and performance enhancement for all individuals from the weekend warrior to elite athletes. We have a detailed knowledge of biomechanics and the specific needs that various sports demand.
Our Physiotherapists are not only experienced in treating a wide range of injuries from various sports, but are also keen sportspeople themselves! With our detailed knowledge, we are able to provide specific advice and management to get you back on the field as soon as possible and provide rehabilitation programs to have you performing at your peak.
If you would like to find out more about spinal mobilisations and manipulations and our sports focused Physiotherapy and how they may be of benefit to you, please contact us at Apex Physiotherapy.